Promotion period: 20 Jan 2018 – 19 April 2018
UNIONPAY BLING IT ON LUCKY DRAW
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions shall apply to the “UnionPay BLING IT ON Lucky Draw” (“the Promotion”) conducted by UnionPay International Co. Ltd. (“the Company”).
The Promotion comprises a Lucky Draw (“the Draw”), is open only to eligible principal UnionPay Credit and Debit Card Cardmembers (“Cardmembers”) whose card accounts starting with “62” are issued in Singapore by Banks (“Cards”) and are valid, subsisting and in good standing as may be determined by the Company at its sole and absolute discretion.
All charges incurred by supplementary cardmembers in respect of the Draw shall accrue to the corresponding eligible principal cardmember only
The following persons are not eligible to participate and will be disqualified from participating in the Draw:
Notwithstanding anything herein, the Company reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to exclude/disqualify any person from participating in the Draw without any obligation to furnish any notice and/or reason.
The winner must have a valid UnionPay Card account in order to claim the prizes. Should a participant cancel / lose his UnionPay Card account during the qualifying period or prior to claiming the prize, he will not be eligible for the Draw and Prize.
2. QUALIFYING PERIODS AND DRAW DATES
Only transactions charged and posted through UnionPay Network between 20 Jan 2018 00:00 hours to 19 April 2018 23:59 hours (“Qualifying Period”), both dates inclusive will qualify for this Draw.
Unless The Company notifies otherwise, The Draw will be conducted in the presence of external auditors on 7 September 2018, 11am at UnionPay International SEA, 12 Marina Boulevard, #16-06, Marina Bay Financial Centre, Tower 3, Singapore 018982. (or on such other dates and location as The Company may determine at its sole and absolute discretion)
The winners of the Draw will be published on the Company’s Facebook page as well as in a local newspaper within 7 days following the determination of all the winners.
3. ALLOCATION OF LUCKY DRAW CHANCES
To qualify, Cardmembers will need to charge their purchases to UnionPay cards issued in Singapore with the valid UnionPay Card to stand a chance to win the prizes. Only charges deemed to be valid retail purchases will qualify for this draw. For transactions on instalment payment plan, only the transactions posted to the card during the qualifying period will earn chances (“Qualifying Spend”)
Transactions such as ATM and Cash Advance withdrawals, balance transfers, fees and charges imposed by the Banks, and amounts for instalment plans which have not been posted to the Card account during the qualifying period will not earn chances.
Any qualifying spend which is subsequently cancelled or refunded for whatever reason will not qualify for the Draw.
Based on the accumulated Qualifying Spend during the Qualifying Period, chances will be allocated in the following manner:
Purchases charged to Principal and Supplementary Card(s) during Qualifying Period will be accumulated Every S$10 charged and posted during the qualifying period will earn 1 chance Transactions which are done online, overseas, or using QuickPass or QR code will earn double chances. Chances will be accorded on dollar value of the transaction and rounded down to the nearest dollar. For example, a total spend of $139.90 will be accorded 13 chances instead of 14 chances. Example of Chances Earned are as illustrated below:
All Transactions made during the Qualifying Period must be posted and captured in the issuing Bank’s system in order to qualify for the Draw. Draw chances are accumulative throughout the Qualifying Period. Draw chances accumulated are non-transferrable and cannot be combined with Draw chances accumulated by any other Principal Cardmembers.
The Company shall not be responsible for any failure or delay in the transmission of evidence of sales transactions by any acquiring merchant, merchant establishments, postal or telecommunication authorities or any other party.
The Company reserves the right to refuse qualification for any ineligible, excluded or disqualified transactions.
4. THE PRIZES
There are three (3) prizes (each of which shall hereinafter be referred to as “Prize” or collectively as “Prizes”) to be won during the Qualifying Period, each one of these Prizes being a GIA-certified diamond of at least 1 carat, brilliant cut in F colour. Prizes include one complimentary basic casing with setting service. For clarity, basic casing refers to standard white gold pendant, ring or ear stud with no side diamonds. Any costs as a result of special setting request(s) by Prize winner will not be borned by UnionPay International, and is to be charged to the Prize Winner’s UnionPay Card.
For the avoidance of doubt, the Prizes do not include any accessories or items that may be shown as illustrative purposes on any leaflet, poster or other promotional item advertising this Draw.
Winners will be notified via mail to their mailing address as per the respective card-issuing Bank’s records. Winners will have to produce their NRIC, the winning UnionPay Card, and the original Redemption Letter issued by the winners’ respective issuing Bank to claim the Lucky Draw Prize. Without any liability on the part of the Company, any unclaimed Lucky Draw Prize by the end of redemption period indicated on the Redemption Letter will be forfeited, and the Winner shall not be entitled to any compensation not withstanding non-receipt by him/her of any notification, or any other reasons.
Winners will be randomly drawn from the pool of entries by means of a computerized draw under the supervision of an external auditor on the Draw Date. The Company shall have the right to draw “reserve winner(s)” to replace any winner drawn who is subsequently disqualified.
Each Cardmember is only eligible to win once for each Prize.
The redeemed Prize is non-transferable, not exchangeable for cash, credit or any other item and shall be subject to such terms and conditions which the Company and/or the relevant vendor, merchant or supplier of the goods or services may at its/their sole and absolute discretion impose. The Winner agrees to abide by those terms and conditions.
The cardmember who has been awarded a Prize shall not be entitled to any compensation/benefits or substation in any form whatsoever in lieu of the declared Prize in the Draw. Any taxes that might accrue by virtue of the participant redeeming a Prize are the personal responsibility of the participant and the participant agrees to indemnify and keep the Company harmless from and against any and all claims made by any tax authority against the Company as a result of the participant’s failure to pay aforesaid taxes to the tax authority.
Every winner’s eligibility to participate in the Draw is subject to verification, and in the event that a winner is verified by the Company to be ineligible to participate in the Draw, the Company shall have the right to disqualify that winner without notice, and award his/her Prize to a reserve winner.
If a winner fails to claim his/her Prize by not returning the signed Redemption letter to the address by the date indicated in the letter, he/she will be automatically disqualified from the Draw and his/her Prize will be forfeited.
The Company shall not liable for any notices, letters or correspondence lost, stolen or misdirected in the postal system or telecommunication system, and the consequences arising from the non-receipt of such communication.
The Company’s decision on all matters relating to the redemption process shall be final and binding. The Company shall not be obliged to enter into any correspondence concerning the Draw.
The Company and/or the relevant vendor, merchant or supplier of the goods or services shall determine the colour, style, and/or form of the Prize, as appropriate. The winner shall accept the Prize “as is” and the Company shall be under no obligation to entertain any request by the winner to change any aspect of the Prize. The Company makes no representation or warranty whatsoever as to the quality or fitness for purpose or any other implied terms and conditions with respect to the Prize awarded in the Promotion, and the Company shall not be held liable for any loss, cost or damage to any person resulting or arising from any Draw Prize or the use of it.
The Company may, in its sole and absolute discretion, vary, modify, exchange or substitute any Prize or any term or particulars of any Prize without liability to furnish any reason and/or notice to any person, provided that the substitute is at least of equivalent value
All Prizes unclaimed after 2 months of the announcement of the winners, or their equivalent value shall, be donated to the Community Chest
The Company’s decision on all matters relating to the Promotion or the interpretation or implementation of these terms and conditions and the selection of Winners shall be final and binding on all participants.
5. PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT
By participating in the Draw, participants agree to the use of their personal information by the Company.
All participants’ details provided pursuant to the Draw may be used by the Company in its sole discretion for future marketing related programs. Without prejudice to these terms and conditions, all participants in the Draw expressly and irrevocably permit and authorize the Company to disclose, reveal and divulge information regarding their particulars to the parties involved in organizing, promoting and conducting the Draw.
The Company reserves the right to disclose, publish and/or use the name and any other particulars of the Participants (including any still photography or videography or recordings in other media/formats of the Winner’s appearance, likeness, poses, voice or statements) for promotional, publicity and other purposes in connection with the Promotion as the Company deems fit. Each Participant irrevocably and unconditionally consents to such disclosure.
Under the Personal data Protection Act, participants have the discretion to decide if they would like to provide the Company with their personal information. However, participants will not be eligible to take part in the Draw should they decline to do so.
Participants have the right to request access to and correct their personal information. They may also inform the Company if at any time they no longer wish for the Company to use their personal information in any particular manner. Participants shall email to the Company to process their request(s).
Every winner shall consent to the Company disclosing and/or publishing his/her name and any other of his/ her particulars in any manner which the Company may deem fit for publicity purposes. The winners shall cooperate with and participate in such publicity activity organized by the Company for these purposes. The failure by a winner to comply with this clause shall result in his/her disqualification.
Participation in the Draw is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions applicable the Draw.
The Company is not an agent of any merchant. Any dispute about quality, merchantability and fitness for purpose of the merchant’s goods and services must be resolved directly with the merchant.
The Company reserves the right to vary, delete or add to these terms and conditions at any time in its absolute discretion without notice or liability to the participants of the Promotion or any other person.
The Company reserves the right to withdraw, discontinue or terminate the Draw at any time at its absolute discretion, without notice or liability to any person.
The Company will not be responsible for any injuries, loss, claim or damage suffered or incurred in connection with the prize and/or the Draw (including any error in computing, any Draw entry, any breakdown or malfunction in any computer system or equipment) and/or any notice which is misdirected or lost in the post.
The Company’s decision on all matters relating to the Draw (including but not limited to appropriate number of entries to be awarded to any Cardmember, and the selection of the winners) shall be final and binding. Except for the notification of the winners (after any verification as may be require has been completed), the Company shall not be obliged to enter into any correspondence on any matter with any party concerning the Draw.
In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any brochure marketing or promotional materials relating to the Draw, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
A person who is not a Participant or a party to the Promotion has no right to enforce any provision of these terms and conditions.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by Singapore Law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
UnionPay Singapore ‘What Cut of Diamond Are You?’ Online Quiz
13 Apr – 19 Apr 2018
Terms & Conditions:
1. The Online Quiz is organized by UnionPay International ( “UPI”).
2. This Online Quiz runs from 14 Apr 2018 0000hrs to 19 Apr 2018, 2359hrs and is open to all Singaporeans and permanent residents of Singapore aged 16 years and above, with a valid UnionPay Card issued in Singapore starting with “62”.
3. An eligible participant must be an individual and agree to abide by the following Terms and Conditions.
4. No third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. UPI reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each participant and may request for information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry. The prizes may be withheld until and unless UPI is satisfied with the verification.
The first 50 players to take the Online Quiz and submit their details from 14 Apr 2018 to 19 Apr 2018 will receive a S$20 AsiaMall voucher. Each eligible participant stands a chance to win only one prize.
6. To participate, participant is required to:
7. This Online quiz runs on the microsite (www.UnionPayBlingItOn.com) and Facebook only.
For avoidance of any doubt, the eligibility of all entries shall be subject to UPI’s decision, which shall be final and binding.
8. Winners will then receive a confirmation email within 14 days from the date of winning and details on how the prize will be issued. UPI shall not be liable for any notification lost, stolen or misdirected in the telecommunication system, and the consequences arising from the non-receipt of such communication.
9. Each prize is awarded conditionally upon acceptance. UPI reserves the right to forfeit the prize(s). Prizes which are not collected within 30 days after receiving the confirmation email shall be disposed by UPI as it deems fit. UPI will not be responsible if any winner fails to take up the specified prize.
10. UPI reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity and age and/or eligibility (if required) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of UPI. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
11. In the event of actual or suspected fraud or abuse, such as but not limited to plagiarism, and/or errors affecting the proper operation of this Online quiz, including the allocation of more prizes than are available, UPI reserves the right to (a) end or suspend the Contest, (b) amend these terms & conditions, (c) declare void the notification of winner(s) and reselection of winner(s), or any combination of these resolution methods.
12. UPI assumes no responsibility and is not liable for any costs, charges or expenses which winners may be required to pay at any time in connection with a prize.
13. UPI reserves the right to provide substitute prize(s) of similar value should the specified prize becomes unavailable. Cash will not be offered and the prizes are not transferable, refundable or exchangeable.
14. By participating in the Online Quiz, if you win a prize, you agree to grant UPI the right to use your personal details (name and Facebook profile picture) for promotional and publicity purposes and the right to contact you for the collection of the prize.
15. By participating in UPI’s ‘What Cut of Diamond Are You?’ Online Quiz, you agree to the use of your information by UPI and its affiliates for the distribution of promotional materials (including telemarketing messages) of UPI.
16. Please be informed that under the Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Act, you have the discretion to decide if you would like to provide us with your personal information. However, we regret to inform you that you will not be eligible to participate in UPI’s ‘What Cut of Diamond Are You?’ Online Quiz should you decline to do so.
17. UPI’s decision on the quiz results is deemed as final and no correspondence shall be entertained.
18. No third party entries, bulk entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. UPI reserves the right to verify the eligibility of each participant and may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for the purpose of verifying the eligibility of an entry. The prizes may be withheld until and unless UPI is satisfied with the verification.
19. UPI reserves the right to suspend, cancel or amend the promotion and/or review and revise these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice. By continuing to take part in the quiz subsequent to any revision of these terms and conditions, each participant shall be deemed to have agreed to any such new or amended terms.